Northland Counseling Center, Inc. (NCC) offers Adult Mental Health-Targeted Case Management to individuals diagnosed with a Serious and Persistent Mental Illness (SPMI). Adult Mental Health-Targeted Case Management is offered in Itasca and St. Louis County.
How can a Case Manager assist me:
- Assist in obtaining and coordinating needed services
- Provide Support
- Advocate for Client Rights
- Work with clients toward their recovery
- Work closely with other community providers to ensure individual needs are met
- Encourage successful community living.
Examples of case management services include:
- Assisting with applying for medical assistance and/or other health insurance
- Applying for social security disability and/or other sources of financial assistance
- Connecting to resources and/or supports with employment, education, housing, childcare, transportation
- Assisting individuals and loved ones in understanding and coping with mental illness
- Referrals and coordination with substance use disorder (SUD) services
- Connecting and/or referring to services in the area
- Civil Commitment and/or court appointed services and
- Case Managers assist clients with direct access to all Northland Counseling Center services.
What resources can my Case Manager connect me to:
- Psychiatry / Medication Management Services
- Out-patient Therapy
- Housing Support and Services
- Community Residential Services (CRS)
- Kiesler Wellness Center (KWC)
- Adult Rehabilitative Mental Health Services (ARMHS)
- Peer Support Services (PSS) and
- Substance Use Disorder (SUD) Services.
Most importantly, case management is an individualized service. The frequency, the length of time, and the type of assistance offered, is determined collaboratively between the targeted case manager and client.
Contact: Karolyn Teeters, BSW, LSW: 218-313-1121 or firstname.lastname@example.org