Adult Mental Health-Targeted Case Management Services
Northland Counseling Center offers Adult Mental Health-Targeted Case Management to individuals diagnosed with a serious and persistent mental illness (SPMI). Case Managers assist in obtaining and coordinating needed services, provide support, advocate for client rights, and work with clients toward their recovery. Case Managers work closely with other community providers to ensure individual needs are met and that successful community living is maintained.
Examples of targeted case management services include:
- Assisting with applying for medical assistance and/or other health insurance
- Applying for social security disability and/or other sources of financial assistance
- Connecting to resources and/or supports with employment, education, housing, childcare, transportation
- Assisting individuals and loved ones in understanding and coping with mental illness, along with linking individuals to other services such as Adult Mental Health Rehabilitative Services (ARMHS) or Kiesler Wellness Center, to name a few
- Referrals and coordination with substance abuse disorder (SUD) services
- Connecting and/or referring to services in the area
- Civil Commitment and/or court appointed services
- Targeted Case Managers assist clients with direct access to all Northland Counseling Center services including: Psychiatry Services, Out-Patient Therapy, Housing, Community Residential Services, Kiesler Wellness Center, Adult Rehabilitative Mental Health Services (ARMHS), Peer Support Services (PSS) and Substance Abuse Disorder (SUD) services
Most importantly, targeted case management is an individualized service. The frequency, the length of time, and the type of assistance offered, is determined collaboratively between the targeted case manager and client.
Contact: Karolyn Teeters at email@example.com or 218-313-1121