Comprehensive Care Coordination, Behavioral Health Home (BHH)
Comprehensive Care Coordination, Behavioral Health Home (BHH) is a program designed to help people with serious mental illnesses as well as chronic physical health conditions. The client has the services of a Registered Nurse and a Mental Health Practitioner which broadens the scope and ability to receive help with anything mental, physical, or community health related. It aims to improve health outcomes, improve experience of care, reduce health care costs, and improve quality of life for the individual. It is person-centered and 100% voluntary. BHH will provide clients with care coordination, skill development, education, activities, services, and referrals to community supports, among other things. We focus on a team approach, and try to communicate between all levels of care on each client’s team. Each enrolled member in the BHH program will work with a Registered Nurse and a Mental Health Practitioner to coordinate, refer, and collaborate with their mental health and physical health team.
Any form of Medical Assistance (Medicaid) which includes managed care organizations such as Imcare, Ucare, Health Partners, Blue Plus, Medica.
Who is eligible:
- Children, Youth, and Adults (ages 3 and up) who have been diagnosed with a SMI, SPMI, ED, or SED.
- If you do not have a current diagnostic assessment, staff will have up to 6 months to assist you in completing one.
- Must have Medical Assistance.
Proper Referral Process:
To determine eligibility for BHH please do one of the following:
- Let your service provider know that you are interested and have them fill out the consent/referral form.
- Stop by Kiesler Wellness Center or Northland Counseling Center’s front desk and ask to fill out the consent/referral form.
- Click here to fill out the online consent/referral form.
If you have further questions about the program please ask to speak with Steph Rogers or Amy Glass.
Difference between BHH and Case Management:
BHH is a team approach, whereas Case Management is more 1:1. BHH is integrated and holistic, so it can help you reach your goals for both mental health and physical health. TCM focuses only on mental health. It is a partnership with primary care: your behavioral health home team and your primary care provider work together to better coordinate care. It includes consumer and family supports and education, so you can get information and support when you need it.