Certified Peer Support Services (PSS)
A Peer Support Specialist (PSS) works as a member on your Recovery Team to address feelings of stigma, social isolation, personal loss and other mental health barriers. Our PSS team members are State Certified Peer Specialists!
How does a PSS help me:
- By modeling wellness and demonstrating personal responsibility;
- Increasing hopefulness throughout the recovery journey;
- Share perspectives of their lived mental health experiences and;
- Builds a relationship and focuses on each person’s individualize strengths.
Services provided by PSS are self-directed and person-centered with a focus on recovery for each participant.
Where would I receive PSS Services:
- In your home;
- The community;
- Any of Northland Counseling Center, Inc. locations and;
- Via Telehealth
Peer Support Recovery Plans may include the following person-centered/self-directed activities:
Education and skill-building:
- Wellness planning
- Crisis planning
- Advanced Psychiatric Directives
- Self-advocacy skills including connecting to professional services when appropriate
PSS help recipients to do the following:
- Identify their strengths and to use their strengths to reach their treatment goals
- Identify and overcome barriers to participation in community resources
Connect with resources, including:
- Visiting community resources to assist them in becoming familiar with potential opportunities
- Teaching and modeling the skills needed to successfully utilize community resources
Building relationships and encouraging community-based activities, such as:
- Physical activity
- Self-directed hobbies
All services are billed to insurance. You must have an insurance through a State Medicaid Plan.
For more information or to refer some:
Taylor Jackson : phone: 218-244-4717 or email: email@example.com.