Adult Rehabilitative Mental Health Services (ARMHS)
Adult Rehabilitative Mental Health Services (ARMHS) is provided by Northland Counseling Center as part of the Adult Community Support Programs in Aitkin, Itasca, Koochiching and St. Louis Counties. Services are provided individually or in small group settings in the recipient’s home or other community locations.
ARMHS services instruct, assist and support recipients with basic living skills and social skills including:
- Interpersonal/Social Relationships
- Community Resource Utilization and Integration
- Mental Health Coping Skills
- Crisis Assistance
- Relapse Prevention
- Health Care Directives
- Budgeting and Planning
- Healthy Lifestyle Skills
- Cooking and Nutrition
- Medication Education and Monitoring
- Mental Illness Symptom Management
- Household Management
- Employment Skills
- Transition to Community Living Services
To qualify for ARMHS you must:
- Be 18-years old or older;
- Be eligible for Medical Assistance (MA), MN Care, IM Care, U Care, etc;
- Have been diagnosed with a mental illness that causes impairments in your daily activities, relationships and/or employment.
Who provides ARMHS:
- Mental Health Professionals and/or
- Mental Health Practitioners
How do I receive a referral:
- Receive a current Comprehensive Diagnostic Assessment, at this time, assessments need to be completed with a Northland Counseling Center, Inc. providers.
- The Comprehensive Diagnostic Assessment MUST be completed within the past 365 days (1 year).
- A referral from the clinician, who completed your Comprehensive Diagnostic Assessment, will indicate a referral in your assessment.
- The referral will be sent to the ARMHS Supervisor, who will then process the referral.
- Once the ARMHS Staff receives your information they will reach out to you to set up your initial appointment.
- This is a State Medicaid Service.
What will my first appointments be like with my ARMHS Providers:
- Your initial appointments will be meeting with your ARMHS Provider and getting to know each other.
- Your ARMHS Provider will work with you on conducting a Daily Living Assessment to determine goal areas.
- You and your ARMHS Provider will work collectively with you and your Mental Health Team on developing a Treatment Plan to determine the areas you want to work on!
For more information:
Aitkin County, Itasca County, St Louis County:
- Karolyn Teeters : 218-313-1121 or email@example.com
- Calli Erickson : 218-283-3406 or firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are currently receiving ARMHS or Certified Peer Support Services through any of our Northland Counseling Center locations please fill out our customer satisfaction survey: ARMHS/PSS Customer Satisfaction Survey